Full Job Description
At Sunsolar Solutions we strive to create a positive and challenging workplace that promotes excellence and achievement, and we aim to deliver world class service to our customers. We are looking for dedicated and motivated professionals who share that same passion to join our team.
Imagine working in a professionally satisfying job where you have the opportunity to make a positive impact on our organization and customers every day. The Field/MPU Technician will perform a variety of field services to customers currently in the solar process. Including but not limited to; providing technical expertise to safely plan and perform main panel upgrades, trouble shoot solar systems, demand management systems and other energy products as needed.
- Safely plan and complete Main Panel Upgrades (MPU)
- Remove existing main service panel from residential structures – for both flush mount and surface mount.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot system components to resolve electrical issues.
- Perform routine photovoltaic (PV) system maintenance on modules, arrays, batteries, power conditioning equipment, safety systems, structural systems, weather sealing, or balance of systems equipment.
- Activate photovoltaic (PV) systems to verify system functionality and conformity to performance expectations.
- Apply weather sealing to array, building, or support mechanisms.
- Identify electrical, environmental, and safety hazards associated with photovoltaic (PV) installations.
- Document of the completed installation.
- Clean-up of job site.
- Additional duties required as needed.
Work both inside and outside in all temperatures and climate conditions in accordance with Heat Stress procedures.
- Work around energized electrical equipment.
- Ability to work in mentally stressful environments: must be able to react to crises where immediate action is required to correct or curtail potentially damaging or hazardous situations.
- Daily work expectation requires the ability to perform tasks by walking, standing, sitting, kneeling, crouching, squatting, twisting, pushing, pulling, shoveling, climbing, and working with hand tools (up to 25 pounds) in positions above and below the head, and extended from the body to complete repairs.
- Lift, carry, position, and use tools and/or equipment (weighing up to 50 lbs.) in awkward positions.
- Work with and around hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- 5 plus years of solar experience required.
- 2-3 years electrical experience or a AZ electrician license
- Knowledge of solar system tie in/testing
- Roof work, construction, or carpentry experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office programs.
- Customer service skills required.
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance required.
- Must have a valid state driver’s license.
- Must have a clean driving record (example- no DUI in the last 5 years).
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check, driving record check and drug screen.
- Hours may vary depending on the needs of business